Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Hudson's Birthday

Our dear little boy turned 3 years old on Sunday. We had quite the little birthday bash with our families at my parents house on Saturday to celebrate. Nearly all of my sisters were able to come so it was a full house as usual! (We missed you Christie & Dustin!)

The cake...it took a lot longer than I anticipated...and didn't look exactly like the picture. But, in the end it was pretty cool, if I do say so myself. It's frosted with buttercream and the trees, clouds, train tracks, etc are made out of fondant.


Hudson got to lick the beaters when I was done making his frosting...yum!


Opening his gifts...



Pierre was very intrigued by Livia and spent a fair amount of time sitting and playing with her.

6 comments:

The Chargualaf Family said...

I cannot believe your son is THREE!!

Happy Birthday, Hudson! :0)

Tyffany said...

I can't believe you MADE THAT CAKE!!! Fantastic job my friend!

HMPhillips said...

wow Trish, great job with the cake! That's amazing and totally adorable! I can't believe Hudson is three...out of the toddler years and into the little boy years, it goes by way too fast!

5 Cougs said...

Awesome cake!

Anonymous said...

I think you did an awesome job on the cake and it makes me miss the little boy train faze. Oh and the fact that I don't know how to make crafty cakes like the whole Yakima crew.

Christi J. said...

Thanks for posting the cake, it turned out awesome!!! You got skills girl!