Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Quiet Books

I'm not quite sure what inspired me to make these but once I started planning and thinking about it there was no turning back. My goal was to finish them before our little vacation last week and I just made it!


Front cover of the books



Hudson's book - The tires come off the wheels (buttons) for easy tire rotation. The tent unzips to reveal a bear hiding inside.



Both books had a clock page and Hudson's has this fishing page. The fish are attached using hooks and eyes. I think this was my favorite page. The fisherman is made using an iron on fabric transfer. As a side note...one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish - I couldn't resist.


Hudson's Book - The car can go into the garage and there are 6 different road signs that are velcroed on and can be moved around (the other 4 were floating around in the van somewhere when I took this picture).


Both kids books had these two pages. The beads slide back and forth and the apples are snapped onto the tree.

Hudson's book - Thomas puzzle, velcroed on, with a pocked to store the pieces.


Livia's book - Sun rises and sets behind the mountains




Livia's book - flowers are velcroed
Flag moves up and down (well it did until Livia ripped it off) and the door opens to put the mail in or out.


Livia's book - dress up doll with 4 little outfits and a zippered garment bag for storage.

5 comments:

HMPhillips said...

what a great job, you are so very talented!

5 Cougs said...

Oh my! How much time did that take you?!?!? They look great!

Tyffany said...

FANTASTIC! I love it!

Anna said...

Those books are AWESOME! DId you come up with the ideas on your own? I need something like that for Miss J.....

Michelle said...

those books are so cute! great job, very creative!